Re: Maildir header cache now supports imap, too

* Thomas Glanzmann [Thu, 29 Jul 2004 11:30:41 +0200]:
> Hello Adeodato,

  hi,

> * Adeodato Simó <asp16@xxxxxxxxx> [040718 14:56]:
> >   IMO, instead of "when upgrading to a newer version of the patch delete
> >   the cache file", the patch itself should take care of (perhaps via a
> >   field in the cache file) noticing when the cache file becomes no
> >   longer valid.

> this is fixed in the newer versions of the patch.

  great.

> However I want you to
> ask if you would include the header cache patch in mutt/debian/unstable
> again.

  I'm currently preparing an upload that will include it.

> Gentoo folks and FreeBSD have them now in for a few months and I
> didn't received any negative feedback from these parties.

  can you tell me what DB do these distributions use? I've tested both
  and I'm a little happier with libgdbm, but would like to know what
  others are using.

> >   currently, the response varies from "Segmentation fault" to "Out of
> >   memory!".

> This issue is fixed. I introduced a crc32 per cache entry which
> invalidates the cache as soon as the internal strucuture or relevant
> compile time options have changed.

  this is nice too.

  thanks,

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

When it is not necessary to make a decision, it is necessary not to make
a decision.