Re: Maildir header cache now supports imap, too

* Thomas Glanzmann [Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:13:41 +0200]:

> BTW. gdbm is the still the *preferred* database backend.

  FWIW, having both libdb4-dev and libgdbm-dev installed,
  --enable-hcache ends up linking mutt with libdb-4.

> Please give me some feedback. I still have the desire to get this thing
> into the mutt cvs. Maybe in a post-1.6 release.

  IMO, instead of "when upgrading to a newer version of the patch delete
  the cache file", the patch itself should take care of (perhaps via a
  field in the cache file) noticing when the cache file becomes no
  longer valid.

  currently, the response varies from "Segmentation fault" to "Out of
  memory!".

  cheers,

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

The greatest productive force is human selfishness.
                -- Robert Heinlein