Maildir header cache now supports imap, too

Hello together,
Tobias Werth, a colleague of mine who uses IMAP often, and I enhanced
the maildir header cache, which can be found on my site[1], to support
IMAP as well.

We tested it a lot and found no pending problems so far. However I am
looking for some 'beta testers' *before* I am going to make this public
via my website. Anyone?

The documentation on my website is obsolete. To test the patch use CVS
head, or the versions mentioned on my website and apply the patch, which
can be found here[2]. After patching run ./prepare and

./configure --enable-hcache --enable-imap

After that add the following line to your .muttrc:

set header_cache=/var/tmp/sithglan-hcache

if only *maildir* aware programms touch your maildirs use the following
to gain some speed boost as well:

set maildir_header_cache_verify=no

At the moment I have only one problem so far. I need to evaluate the
equivalent of 'long long' in ANSI C. Please provide patches, if you hit
anything which could be better.

BTW. gdbm is the still the *preferred* database backend.

Please give me some feedback. I still have the desire to get this thing
into the mutt cvs. Maybe in a post-1.6 release.

Greetings,
        Thomas

[1] previous maildir header cache
        http://wwwcip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~sithglan/mutt/

[2] imap *and* maildir header cache

http://wwwcip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~sithglan/mutt/mutt-cvs-header-cache.1
--
Thomas Glanzmann  ++49 (0) 9131 85-27943   Department of Computer Science IV
Martensstrasse 1  D-91058 Erlangen Germany  University of Erlangen-Nuremberg