Re: Commands should not stop and cause an error

On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 08:11:55PM +0200, Jens Paulus wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> the following commands should not stop at the beginning or end of a
> message and cause an error message then but they should continue to
> display the previous or next message and stop if there is none in the
> folder without causing an error message.

FWIW, I strongly disagree, though I think that's merely a matter of
preference.

I also strongly disagree with your previous post, about prepending
numbers to message commands.  I've already deleted that message
though, so I'm working only from memory.  If I mis-remember what you
said in that message, then please excuse me.  :)

Currently, if you press a number key, mutt prompts you to enter the
number of the message to which you want to jump.  As I use mutt a)
frequently over a slow link, and b) with very large mailboxes, that
feature comes in quite handy.  You can't have them both without
changing the way one of them works, and I like mutt the way it is.

However, I concede that jumping messages can be solved with an
explicit jump-to-message function...

-=-=-=-=-