Re: Commands should not stop and cause an error

Hi list,

On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 14:18:23 -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> > the following commands should not stop at the beginning or end of a
> > message and cause an error message then but they should continue to
> > display the previous or next message and stop if there is none in the
> > folder without causing an error message.
> >
> > pager next-line
> > This command then should display the next undeleted message.
> >
> > pager previous-line
> > This command then should display the previous undeleted message.
> >
> > pager previous-page
> > This command then should display the previous undeleted message.
> >
> > Best regards
>

> I strongly disagree.  There,s nothing I hate more than scvrolling down
> through a message as I read it, only to suddenly find myself looking at
> a different message.
>
> IMHO, the current behavior is correct.  They scroll up and down, they
> stay within the same message, and they tell me when I hit the bottom.

well, then it should at least be no error message. I dislike error
messages if there is no real error. This kind of message then should at
least no be highlighted in the typical error message way. If there is a
beep then also no beep should be there but only a simple text message.

Best regards

Jens