Re: bounce broken?

 On Wednesday, January 14, 2004 at 12:23:54 AM +0100, Gerhard Öttl wrote:

> i have "envelope_from=yes" and so it would make sense to use the
> my_hdr for the "-f anything" that was passed to sendmail. for the
> resent-from it also would be a good idea - in my opinion.

    Humm... The "-f" and the "Resent-From:" are the same. Setting this
resender addy thru a "my_hdr From:" doesn't make sense to me. Setting it
thru a "my_hdr Resent-From:" could make more sense, but would be a
special case where a my_hdr is obeyed while others not: Seems unclean to
code, counterintuitive for users, and will lead to send this field also
in normal mails (not bounces).

    No, I think $from is the good place to set resender. But we badly
lack a way to send-hook it.

    I mean: Obvious workaround is to set $from thru folder-hooks, but
it's not always applicable depending on folders organization, like when
bouncing from an outbox or catch-all inbox.

Bye!    Alain.