Re: bounce broken?

>> when bouncing a message i get:
>> exim: gerhard@ - bad address: domain missing or malformed
>
>    Perhaps a malformed enveloppe from. What are your $from, $hostname,
>$envelope_from, and/or other ways to set your own address?

sorry for posting so less infos. I experimented a little and
discovered the reason (half a bug in my opinion [1]
and half something strange [2] - see later):

1) in my .muttrc i use following send-hooks:
send-hook .               "my_hdr From: gerhard.oettl@xxxxxx"
send-hook mutt-dev        "my_hdr From: gerhard.oettl.ml@xxxxxx"

but in mutt_bounce_message neither the "resent_from" nor the
"from" addresses use the send-hook.

"from" in my .muttrc is not set, because "send-hook ."
does the job (till now). after setting "from" it works.

by the way (and not important now): earlier i tried to used the
following send-hooks, but both don't work - any ideas?
send-hook mutt-dev    "set from='gerhard.oettl.ml@xxxxxx'"
send-hook mutt-dev    'set from="gerhard.oettl.ml@xxxxxx"'

2) my login-name is gerhard, use_domain in .muttrc is on default,
but without from in .muttrc (or my_hdr From:) my From address
always ends up in "gerhard@".
/etc/mailname and /etc/hostname both contain the name "gerhardnb",
but they are not used.
I have to do some investigations on this issue.

thanks
gerhard

--
gerhard oettl