Re: [At-Large] ALAC Draft Statement on Domain Tasting and Domain Monetization - V. 1.3

On one hand, I agree with your statements on Domain Tasting.  It's something that should not exist in the system.

On the other hand, I disagree with your description of Domain Monetization, "It's a fundamentally sleazy business, since the web sites have no useful content and the way they get the
traffic is basically by tricking people, either via typos or recently expired domains. More importantly, the presence of such website makes web-surfing by ordinary users far more difficult and confusing than they should be."

I would bet that the largest customer base of all registrars is the domain monetizer or speculator.  I believe it is by far the largest segment of the industry.  There is nothing illegal, immoral, or otherwise negative about this segment of the industry.

aloha,
RJ Glass
A@L