Re: Clarification on tag-prefix-cond vs. tag-prefix

Hi,

* Jan-Herbert Damm wrote:

indeed, I was being unprecise. The manual (Chapter "Advanced Usage") is saying
this about simple *searches* not simple *patterns*.
I still find it confusing if not contradictory, because the searching by
keywords (= not valid patterns) is explained directly below the heading
"Simple Patterns". Thus i conclude a seemingly invalid pattern must be the
announced "simple pattern" as in "simplified pattern".

(What Kyle calls "simple pattern" is not the same thing as in the manual.)

Oh, this is very good catch, thanks. The simple patterns headline
doesn't make any sense and it conflicts with the complex patterns
headline because they explain totally different things.

Now we only need some new good headlines. How about "simplified
patterns" and "boolean operators and nesting". I'm thinking about
re-ordering the sections so we first have "simplified patterns", then
"pattern modifier" and "boolean operators and nesting" to go from simple
to more complex ways of finding messages/things.

Opinions?

Rocco