Re: Clarification on tag-prefix-cond vs. tag-prefix

Kyle Wheeler:
> On Friday, February 13 at 07:20 PM, quoth Jan-Herbert Damm:
> > if you don't mind, can you explain the pattern "~r >3m" equally
> > well?
>
> Well, that's pretty simple.

With gratefulness an admiration i studied this manual-worthy explanation!
It helps me (and i guess other people, too) more than just reading the
manual because in the latter you get lost if you don't know where it all
fits in the general theme of mutt-usage. Now I knew where to start my
inquiry: simple patterns.

Remarks:
> ... Simple patterns
> are a match-type-specifier

in the muttrc man page simple patterns are indeed defined as you described
it: as a combination of tilde and character.

> In this case, the
> match-type-specifier is "~r".

In the manual though they call it "pattern-modifiers".
I couldn't find the term [Mm]atch[_-][tT]ype[_-][Ss]pecifier
And Simple patterns seem to be specifically associated with certain
keywords replacing "~,%,=" expressions.

Isn't that a contradiction?

But apart from this little unclarity on my side i understood all (and tried
out most) of what was explained.

> I know that's a lot of information all at once, but is that about what
> you were looking for?

yes, thank you again.

Jan