Re: set up multiple account

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 02:50:05PM +0800, bill lam wrote:
set ?my_test1 does give the expected answer but not for my_test2 and
my_test3 (unknown variable).  My conjecture is the that back-tick
trick only work for the first line for output and it will ignore the
rest of lines.

Huh. I experience the same behavior, and a little searching confirms that backticks only evaluate the first line. What an odd restriction.

I found the general solution at http://wiki.mutt.org/?ConfigTricks in the "Generating a dynamic muttrc file" section.

Use the same muttGmail script, but include it in .muttrc with
    source 'muttGmail foo|'

Note that the quote chars are single quotes, not backticks, and the command has to end with a pipe char.

Ed