Re: set up multiple account

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 12:17:43AM +0800, bill lam wrote:
On Thu, 12 Feb 2009, Ed Blackman wrote:
`muttGmail cfoobar`
`muttGmail ifoobar`

Mutt will run muttGmail with the given argument. muttGmail will take the argument and spit out the complete folder-hook. Mutt will then interpret the output as configuration commands, and you're all set up.

I tried but failed, Apparently mutt does not execute that output as
commands.  It seems need a :source command and provide a temp file
name.  Or did I missed something?

Using backticks in .muttrc definitely works for me in Mutt 1.5.17+20080114 (Ubuntu 8.04 packaged version). I don't have Gmail accounts, so I just tested that backticks work for Mutt configuration, and that the script I gave you outputs reasonable looking config commands.

Do this, inside mutt type:

:`echo 'set my_test=foo'`

and then

:set ?my_test

You need the leading colon in both cases to get into configuration mode.
You should see 'my_test="foo"'. If not, run "mutt -v" on the command line and post the output.

If you do, the problem is in the script: it's either not running (PATH problem?) or is not producing the right output. If it's not running, you should be seeing an error that says something like "sh: muttGmail: not found".

Ed