Re: Attach: pseudoheader and files with spaces

Hi Ed!

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009, Ed Blackman wrote:

> I've been really enjoying the Vim macro that was posted a little while
> ago that prompts you to attach files if it detects words like "attached"
> in the mail, and appends mutt's Attach: pseudoheader to the header block
> with the name of the file.

Glad to know, someone liked it ;)

> I'm running into problems with files with spaces in their names.
> The macro escapes the spaces, so if I attach a file named 'space
> test.txt', it appends "Attach: space\ test.txt".  Mutt then replies
> "".
>
> I though that it didn't like the escapes, so I manually removed them, so
> that it's "Attach: space test.txt".  Mutt then replies "".

I noticed that too, recently. I think this is a bug within mutt, since
it does not check for \-escaped whitespace. You should probably open a
ticket a dev.mutt.org/trac I haven't found time to look into this yet,
so it would be best to let the mutt developers know of the issue.

See also the manual:

,----
| 5.2.2. Attach: pseudo header
|
| You can also attach files to your message by specifying Attach:
| filename [ description ] where filename is the file to attach and
| description is an optional string to use as the description of the
| attached file.
`----

regards,
Christian
97. Your mother tells you to remember something, and you look for
    a File/Save command.