Re: Index_format - show expired

* Anton Achatz <anton.achatz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-26-09 08:58]:
> Thanks for your help, but i know the page of Gary Johnson. My question
> is, if there is a possibility to show the expire-date at the index
> (index_format).
>
> Sorry about the encrypted signature, but iam working at a university and
> this is my standard to send mails. So now without signature.
>
> Toni
>

> Patrick Shanahan schrieb am Mo, 26.01.09 08:45:
> > * Anton Achatz <anton.achatz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-26-09 01:21]:
> > > Hi,
> > > I'm using the mutt-utils (mutt-expires-editor) to set an expire date in
> > > the mail. Is it possible to show this date in the index?
> >
> > a quick search of the fine manual yealds:
> >    ~E pattern will match expired messages
> >
> > and a quick search of google yealds:
> >   Gary Johnson's Mutt Page
> > which provides usage examples
> >
> > ?? The content of your post was so important and critical so as to
> > require a 6.2K encrypted signature?  Bah!  The sig was six times the
> > message content.

I apologize for failing to completely read/understand your post.

afaict, there is no *direct* method for displaying the expire-date in
the index_format, but there are possible cludges that come to mind.
One would be to use score to display a "coded date" providing you are
not using score for it's intended purpose.  Another would be to assign
the expire_date to an x-label field (via procmail/formail) as the
x-label field may be displayed with "%y/%Y" in the index_format.