Re: Finding messages from one person replied to by another?

Hi Michael,

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 12:34:37PM +0000, Michael Kjorling wrote:
> I often find myself in the situation of wanting to find messages
> "from" a given person, that have been replied to (immediate child node
> in the thread tree) by another given person, and preferably see the
> two messages together in the index while hiding others. Sometimes I
> don't remember specific enough key words to be able to filter on
> message body content, and often, both individuals are regular
> contributors so simply filtering on either sender, or threads
> containing messages from both (something like "~(~f A) ~(~f B)"),
> yields a large number of false positives.
>
> Can someone suggest a better way?

There would be a better way I think, with the following awaiting patch:
        http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/3144

This includes the < and > pattern modifiers to match respectively the
parent and a child.

The exact match of your request would then be:
    ~(<~f A ~f B)

Regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen