Finding messages from one person replied to by another?

I often find myself in the situation of wanting to find messages
"from" a given person, that have been replied to (immediate child node
in the thread tree) by another given person, and preferably see the
two messages together in the index while hiding others. Sometimes I
don't remember specific enough key words to be able to filter on
message body content, and often, both individuals are regular
contributors so simply filtering on either sender, or threads
containing messages from both (something like "~(~f A) ~(~f B)"),
yields a large number of false positives.

Can someone suggest a better way?

As it is, I am running mutt 1.5.15+20070412 (up-to-date Ubuntu 7.10),
but have no problem with upgrading if this is a feature that has been
added in a more recent release.

--
Michael Kjörling .. michael@xxxxxxxxxxx .. http://michael.kjorling.se
* ..... No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings ..... *