Re: Finding messages from one person replied to by another?

* Michael Kjorling <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-18-09 07:35]:
> I often find myself in the situation of wanting to find messages
> "from" a given person, that have been replied to (immediate child node
> in the thread tree) by another given person, and preferably see the
> two messages together in the index while hiding others. Sometimes I
> don't remember specific enough key words to be able to filter on
> message body content, and often, both individuals are regular
> contributors so simply filtering on either sender, or threads
> containing messages from both (something like "~(~f A) ~(~f B)"),
> yields a large number of false positives.
>
> Can someone suggest a better way?

get a package called mairix.  It maintains a database of various
fields and the body of your mail and provides multi-field search
capability.

I am using version 0.21-17.1 on openSUSE.