Re: Finding messages from one person replied to by another?

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 16:33, Michael Kjorling <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 18 Jan 2009 09:14 -0500, by ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx (Patrick Shanahan):
>> get a package called mairix.  It maintains a database of various
>> fields and the body of your mail and provides multi-field search
>> capability.
>
> I have mairix installed, and use it - specifically, I have 0.20-1
> installed. But even looking over the documentation, I don't see how
> that will help me get a list of messages like the one I want. Would
> you be so kind as to provide an example that (alone or together with
> mutt's filtering) will find messages according to criteria like the
> ones laid out in my original post?
>
> The differences between 0.20 and 0.21 appear to be largely minor
> enhancements, and I certainly don't see anything that would enable the
> kind of searches I want to do.

I use nmzmail, which uses the namazu search engine. I heard its more
powerful than mairix, because you're basically using a full blown
search engine. More info at
http://www.ecademix.com/JohannesHofmann/nmzmail.html and
http://www.namazu.org/ .

bye,