Re: New mail doesn't show up till I send mail

On Tue, Jan 01, 2008 at 01:58:30PM -0800, John Velman wrote:
> I copied my .procmailrc, my .fetchmailrc, and my .muttrc pretty much intact
> >from my old Linux box to my (leopard) mac.  I set up postfix pretty much
> like on my old linux box (slackware). (By the way, mutt compiled out of the
> box on leopard -- no need for Fink or Macports.)
>
> [...]
>
> Same kind of thing happened today.  No new mail.  After sending a test
> message from plain mail, the new mail showed up.
>
> I'd be happy if someone could point me where to look!

I would guess that it's a Postfix configuration problem: Sounds like the
mail from fetchmail gets stuck in some queue, which is only flushed when
you manually kick Postfix by sending some mail.

Is fetchmail configured to deliver mail through Postfix? Is Postfix
running as a daemon?

Hope to help,
Thomas