Procmail and sorting mail with imap folders

Hi there -

I don't use local folders currently and manage my mail using imap folders. I
thought about setting up mailboxes
to receive and store items such as mail from mailing-lists.

I'm assuming i can get mutt to do this for me when the mail pulled down from
the server but from the resources i've
looked it i'm still unsure if and how i can do this.

Is this possible, and

how do i set this up

or, do you have any good websites that i can learn how to do this from.

I've been looking at mutt-wiki which has some good info on there but i'm still
unsure.

Thanks for reading

Jamie