Re: Mixmaster

* Brian Salter-Duke <b_duke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [09.12.07 17:30]:
> On Thu, Dec 06, 2007 at 09:51:44PM +0100, Francesco Ciattaglia wrote:
> > * Brian Salter-Duke <b_duke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [06.12.07 21:31]:
> > > Is anyone using the mixmaster support in mutt? I ask merely because I
> > > was involved in improving this about 7 years ago, and I'm curious. I have
> > > no intention of ever using it again. The support is for a very old
> > > version of Mixmaster and not for the more recent version 3 betas.
> > >
> > > Should Mixmaster support be kept? It is unlikely to carry on working
> > > even with the old mixmaster code (version 2.4 beta 46 from September
> > > 2002), and that code may soon be not available.
> > >
> > > Brian.
> >
> > Last Mixmaster changes are dated 2007 september, see:
> > http://svn.noreply.org/svn/mixmaster/trunk/Mix/HISTORY
>
> Yes, but none of those versions (2.9 & 3.0) are supported as far as I
> know by thye current mutt code. About 7 years ago I looked at getting
> mutt to support the 2.9 version 3 betas and decided it was a really big
> job and beyond me. I have no intention of coming back to this. Are you
> going to do it?

Hi Brian,
I know about incompatibility between last releases of Mixmaster and Mutt,
I noticed that mixmaster is still alive only to remark that perhaps
the code, the last version of it, should remain available.

But, sorry, I'm not a programmer, not anymore :-) so for me it's
impossible, even to think, to take on the hard work of updating your
job.

Mutt and Mixmaster Development teams should cooperate for
interoperability.

> > I would like to use mixmaster support, yes.
> >
> > I wrote also a complete reference guide* for using mixmaster with Mutt,
> > but it's kept in stand-by, because of incompatibility between
> > recent versions of Mutt and Mixmaster.
>
> Why not put it on the wiki? It might encourage people to remove the
> incompatability. I added a small change to update the manual to mutt.dev
> yesterday.

The explanation I wrote is in italian, but the wiki speaks english.

> Brian.

Ciao
Ataualpa aka Francesco Ciattaglia.

--
:    /     La cosa più facile al mondo è seguire una tendenza, ma è la
 .  /--\ / via più rapida per andare in fallimento. [Jim Rogers]