Re: [Slightly OT] Allow for choosing browser to follow a link

On 2007-08-29, Gary Johnson <garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I hardly ever use the second or third external browser.  I just
> tried using them and they don't work.  They did in previous releases
> of w3m.  Now though, 2M, 3M, 2<Esc>M and 3<Esc>M all open the
> page/link in Firefox.  I just tested w3m-0.5.1 and it works
> correctly.  Oh goody, one more thing to look into.

I found the problem.  It is a bug introduced in w3m-0.5.2 when the
attempt was apparently made to fix another problem.  The workaround
is to set

   vi_prec_num 1

in your ~/.w3m/config, either directly or via the Option Setting
Panel, in the Miscellaneous Settings section:

   Enable vi-like numeric prefix                     (*)YES  ( )NO

I have submitted a bug report to the w3m developers.

Regards,
Gary