Re: CC'ing list people but not getting CC'd?

also sprach Kai Grossjohann <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2007.08.21.2215 +0200]:
> >   - Someone else replies to *my* mail in the same way, and his
> >     mailer honours MFT, so no *you* also get CC'd on the reply, even
> >     though the subject may have diverged and you're not interested
> >     anymore.
>
> I asked for Ccs, so I got what I deserved.
>
> If I subscribe to a list, then I get all postings, even though I might
> only be interested in part of the topics.  That's the same thing, isn't
> it?

No; from what I understand, M-F-T keeps growing, so when I reply to
your mail (which had your M-F-T on it), my M-F-T also includes your
address. That's a legitimate criticism, to be honest, or don't you
hate those ever growing CC lists, which are basically the same?

> It's not clear to me what Junio wants.  If we wants no Cc's, then
> he can just put in an MFT header that excludes himself.  Shouldn't
> he then be a great fan of MFT since it allows him to express what
> he wants?

He wants CCs.

> Also, my Gnus terminology might not map well to a Mutt audience.
> Apologies for this.  For example, I don't really know what is a
> list-reply, so the above could be wrong.

The manual describes it as:

  Reply to the current or tagged message(s) by extracting any
  addresses which match the addresses given by the lists or
  subscribe commands, but also honor any Mail-Followup-To header(s)
  if the $honor_followup_to configuration variable is set. Using
  this when replying to messages posted to mailing lists helps avoid
  duplicate copies being sent to the author of the message you are
  replying to.

"solange man nicht die moral des christentums
 als kapitalverbrechen am leben empfindet,
 haben dessen verteidiger gutes spiel."
                                                 - friedrich nietzsche

spamtraps: madduck.bogus@xxxxxxxxxxx