Re: CC'ing list people but not getting CC'd?

also sprach Nicolas Rachinsky <mutt-users-1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
[2007.08.17.1303 +0200]:
> If you do this bind in a message-hook, it should solve the problem, if
> you reply to a message from the pager. And you can bind L in the index
> to a macro that opens the message and does an L again. I haven't tried
> this, but I think it should work.

Okay, this does work as you say.

In the mean time, however, I found that Junio, the git maintainer,
really just dislikes M-F-T:

  http://marc.info/?l=git&m=113882569532399&w=2

Thus, I better comply and *stop* setting the header altogether.

  send-hook . 'set followup_to'
  send-hook '~C git@vger\.kernel\.org' 'unset followup_to'

I am also experimenting with another solution: if I use my procmail
filters to *add* the Mail-Followup-To header, including all
From/To/Cc addresses, but have followup_to unset as per the above,
I *should* get the desired effect: list-reply would honour M-F-T and
put everyone including the mailing list on To/Cc, but since mutt
does not add the header by itself, it is not on the outgoing
message.

I have yet to verify this and publish the solution to the git
mailing list. But if you have comments right now, I'd love to hear
them!

Cheers,

"cs class at 8:30am. ugly. if you can wake up early enough to get
 good grades here, you need to develop hacker habits..."
                                     -- jeff bailey on #debian-devel

spamtraps: madduck.bogus@xxxxxxxxxxx