Re: Question(s) about folder-hook

Hello Kyle and Chris,

 On Sunday, August 12, 2007 at 9:23:50 -0600, Kyle Wheeler wrote:

> I *believe* [the folder-hook regexp will] match against
> /home/chris/Mail/france/meteo, but it's possible it might be only
> against =france/meteo (I doubt it though).

    Both, in some way. A folder-hook regexp is matched against the full
path, period. But if you write an "=" as first character of the regexp,
this shortcut first gets expanded to the value of $folder (at hook's
parsing time), then the result is matched against the full path.

    Note you can't usefully write a "^=blah" folder-hook regexp: Only
the first character gets expanded. In fact you can neither use the "^"
anchor: It gets expanded to the current folder name, which during muttrc
parsing is the empty string. Fleature collision, see bug/2402 "damaged
regexps in folder-hooks".

> It will certainly be more than just meteo.

    Except in case the user does:

| $ cd /home/chris/Mail/france/
| $ mutt -f meteo

    But then the status line shows just "meteo", not "=france/meteo".
We're not exactly in the initial conditions anymore.

    To trigger on a folder filename regardless of path, I tend to write
regexps like: "\\<meteo$" (where "\\<" means beginning of a word). Such
a folder-hook will also trigger on =espagne/meteo and /tmp/meteo though,
which may be wanted or not.

Bye!    Alain.
--
How to Report Bugs Effectively