Re: How to navigate to a directory and *then* open the browser?

On Sat, Aug 18, 2007 at 07:05:45PM -0300, Angel Olivera wrote:
> On Sat 18.Aug.07 22:49, Chris G wrote:
>> Is there any way that a macro (or something else) can be used to
>> navigate to a directory and then open the browser so that one can open
>> a mailbox there (or navigate further).
>>
>> I want to separate my mail into two hierarchies, one will be rooted at
>> 'folder' so is where the browser starts by default but the other will
>> be somewhere else and I want an easy way to get to its root before
>> opening the browser and navigating.
>
> Here's something I use that might help you.
>
> ## Open archive folders
> macro index,pager ',a' '<enter-command> set mask=".*"<enter>\
>       <change-folder-readonly>~/.mail_archive/.<complete><complete>' \
>       'open an archive folder'

I already use the M command to 'unmask' a hidden directory and get to
'other places'.  However the above won't work for me because where you
have ".mail_archive" I have a directory not a mail folder and the
result for me is an error about the destination not being a mailbox.

At least I don't think it will work, what do you have in
~/.mail_archive?

What does:-

    <change-folder-readonly>~/.mail_archive/.<complete><complete>

actually do?  OK, I understand what the <change-folder-readonly>
command is doing and ~.mail_archive makes sense but what's that "/."
doing on the end?

However I have just realised that the 'y' command/key in index does
almost exactly what I want as the 'other hierarchy' I want to go to is
essentially my incoming mailboxes area.  How do I find out what the
full key sequence generated by 'y' is?

--
Chris Green