Re: Q: Better list of mailboxes?

=- Kai Grossjohann wrote on Tue 10.Jul'07 at 14:51:30 +0200 -=

> I have added all my (important) mail folders to the mailboxes
> list, and I am now very fond of y to browse them. Some small
> features are missing, though, so I thought I'd ask here for ideas:
>
> - How to navigate to the next/previous mailbox with new mail?

When you "change" rather than use "y", it is offered as default in
the order your specified them.

> - How to restrict the list of mailboxes to the ones with new mail?

No way, unless you use local mailboxes and delete/ save any read
msgs to leave only N inside: when the folder is empty, it will be
removed from the filesystem (mbox-format required) when you set
"save_empty=no", and it will disappear from "y" list, but reappear
when new mail arrives and the folder exists again.

> - How to show the total number of messages / the number of unread
> messages in each mailbox?

Total: no way yet.
You can only see # of N, and only with IMAP.

> - How to elide information from each line, such as the permissions
> and ownerships of the directories?

"folder_format" as already told by fellow mutter.