random ideas - storing mutt settings on imap server

Hello list,

this has probably been mentioned before, but I'll toss it up anyway.
What's the general opinion about storing mutt settings in a
centralized place, e.g. on an imap server?  I find that, using mutt from
3 different places accessing the same imap server, it gets tedious to
synchronize settings and aliases and save-hooks.

I believe pine (used to) store it's addressbook on the imap server.
I'd like to go a little further than that, and store most of my mutt
configuration on a centralized place, except perhaps for the inital
password.  Ideally I'd only want a local .muttrc which specifies an
mbox (using imap) and optionally a password, after which mutt would
retrieve all other settings by itself.

Any thoughts about if that is a good/bad idea, and how it could be
implemented?  I'm thinking of something like a preconfigured imap
folder, where each message in the folder is automatically parsed as a
muttrc file.  Something like that.

Regards,

        Hein Zelle

--

 Unix is user friendly. It's just very particular about who
 it's friends are.

 Hein Zelle                     hein@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                http://www.icce.rug.nl/~hein