Re: random ideas - storing mutt settings on imap server

Hi Hein!

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007, Hein Zelle wrote:

> this has probably been mentioned before, but I'll toss it up anyway.
> What's the general opinion about storing mutt settings in a
> centralized place, e.g. on an imap server?  I find that, using mutt from
> 3 different places accessing the same imap server, it gets tedious to
> synchronize settings and aliases and save-hooks.

There even exist Protocols that would specify such things. I
believe these are ACAP and IMSP. But aside from Mulberry which
seems to support such extensions, I don't think that mutt supports it
currently. I would definitly like such support.

My current workaround is storing the configuration data on an
subversion host.

regards,
Christian
145. You e-mail your boss, informing him you'll be late.