Re: Automatically Deleting old Messages

Thanks. I guess I'll just stop using the "keep on server" option until
I work this out. Can you point me to some resources on setting up mutt
to talk with the server directly? And are there any particular
advantages to using fetchmail?

On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 03:54:38PM -0600, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> On Saturday, June 16 at 12:41 AM, quoth tyler.roach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
> > OK, thanks a lot! That's basically what I was looking for.
>
> You're quite welcome.
>
> > Also, is there a way to make mutt delete messages on the server when
> > I delete them locally? I am using POP3 with the "keep" option in my
> > .fetchmailrc.
>
> Yes and no; to do so, mutt would need to speak with the server rather
> than let fetchmail bring the mail to a local directory where mutt can
> read it. Mutt CAN talk to POP3 servers and read your mail directly
> that way (and perhaps that's what you really want), which will achieve
> what you describe (i.e. deleted messages get deleted on the server),
> but mutt doesn't have a "synchronize this Maildir with a server"
> feature.
>
> ~Kyle
> --
> Never think that war, no matter how necessary, no matter how
> justified, is not a crime.
>                                                     -- Ernest Hemingway

Get a free email account with anti spam protection.
http://www.bluebottle.com