Re: adventures in coloring lines of the index view

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 02:57:03PM -0500, Greg Novack wrote:
> Dear Mutt Aficionados,
>
> I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but either way, I want
> to make it go away :)
>
> I wanted new messages in the index view to be colored in bold
> yellow.  Hence I put 'color index brightyellow default ~N' in my
> sourced color file.  What I'm about to explain is a way in which
> this seems to work incorrectly, while 'color index brightyellow
> black ~N' works properly.

Is mutt compiled against curses or slang?  IIRC, for default
background colors to work properly with older versions of slang, you
have to set an environment variable to tell slang what the background
color is.  You might be using an old slang library.

If it's compiled against curses, then most likely it's a problem with
the provided termcap/terminfo settings.  If that's the case, there are
probably other people having similar problems.  Did you search the
archives and/or the web for this problem?  I do vaguely recall people
complaining about terminal-related stuff not working properly on Macs
before...

mutt -v will tell you how it was compiled:

  $ mutt -v |egrep 'curses|slang'
  System: Linux <sanitized> [using slang 10405]

--
Derek D. Martin    http://www.pizzashack.org/   GPG Key ID:
0xDFBEAD02 -=-=-=-=-