Re: Not seeing new mail at all - BSD system

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 02:37:53PM +0000, cl@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 02:11:48PM +0000, cl@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> > I am migrating my main mail reading activity from a Linux system (this
> > one) to a BSD one.
> >
> > So I have copied across my muttrc file and a few other rlated bits and
> > pieces and I'm testing mutt on the new (to me) system.
> >
> > Mail is arriving as expected and getting delivered (by the same Perl
> > script as I was using on the Linux system) to various mailing list
> > mailboxes etc.
> >
> > However mutt is not telling me at all when new mail arrives.  Is there
> > anything odd/special about BSD systems regarding mutt being able to
> > see new mail?
> >
> Further to this, when I navigate to the directory where the new mail
> has arrived and open the mbox file then mutt *does* flag the new mail
> as new.

I'm using the prebuilt mutt packages on OpenBSD and it works fine. I'm
using procmail for local delivery, though.

The first thing to look at is the times on your mbox files before and
after mail is delivered and make sure they are updated and that the
times are correct.

Also, are you doing "set timeout=nnn" in your muttrc?

--
Darrin Chandler                   |  Phoenix BSD Users Group
dwchandler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx          |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/