Re: emacs problem

> Hi, Sergio.
>
> In which mode are you composing the message (mail-mode, post-mode)?
>
> It is possible (according to your mode/configuration) emacs is trying
> to narrowing out the headers (see the narrowing section in the emacs
> user manual).
> Try M-x widen in the message buffer to verify this.
>
> You can also check the muttrc option:
> set edit_headers   # let you edit the message headers when editing the message
>
> to get sure you're passing the headers to emacs.
>
> HTH

Stefano,

Thanks for your answer. I am in plain text-fill, never had any problems with
it. It was an update of mutt I did some time ago that started doing this. I am
sure I am passing the headers to emacs, (I do have set edit_headers) and I
don't think it is emacs trying to narrow out the headers, because it is an
somewhat erratic behaviour (the number of lines that "dissappear" is not always
the same, nor it does it every single time. Just very very often.)

Thanks,

Sergio
--
Buy old masters.  They fetch better prices than old mistresses.
                -- Lord Beaverbrook