Re: emacs problem

On date Wednesday 2007-01-17 10:56:20 +0000, Sergio Dominguez muttered:
> Hi all,
>
> I am having a slight problem with emacs within mutt.
>
> When I hit reply, basically the screen that I get is the body of the
> message, the headers are not displayed _but are there_. What I mean
> is that what is displayed is not really what's in the editor, the
> first lines are missing. I have to hit ctrl+space to select a
> region, and when it selects the region it highlighs what is actually
> there, which is different of what is displayed in the first time.
>
> I know this sounds weird, I have tried all sorts of things to fix
> it, but with no luck, anyone has seen this and can give me a hand
> with it?

Hi, Sergio.

In which mode are you composing the message (mail-mode, post-mode)?

It is possible (according to your mode/configuration) emacs is trying
to narrowing out the headers (see the narrowing section in the emacs
user manual).
Try M-x widen in the message buffer to verify this.

You can also check the muttrc option:
set edit_headers   # let you edit the message headers when editing the message

to get sure you're passing the headers to emacs.

HTH
--
Stefano Sabatini
Linux user number 337176 (see http://counter.li.org)