Re: Aborted unmodified message.

Sorry for the long delay in responding.  I was away on vacation for
a week.

On 2006-09-27, TALEB Hakim <TALEB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Gary,
>
> * Gary Johnson <garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2006-09-22, 13:46 -0700]:
>
> > 2.  Figure out what's different between your system and your
> >     brother's system.
>
> Perhaps it's due to such a thing. I could make mutt working on
> Windows 2000 but not under WinXP LSD. I don't know but it seems
> Ulf Erikson's binary release of mutt works properly only for
> Windows 95/98/ME/2000, as said on his site.

I don't know enough about Windows to speculate on why his binary
might not work on XP, but it seems safer to use something you're
sure works.

> > 3.  Start with a configuration that works and make incremental
> >     changes toward the configuration that doesn't work.
>
> > In this case, Edit works sort-of.  Being a "DOS" program, Edit
> > should understand the path
> > 'C:\mutt\bin\settings\Temp\mutt-LSDBOT-xxx-x', so it might be useful
> > to find out why Edit doesn't like it.  Perhaps there is no file
> > there.  Then you could make a copy of Edit (call it Edit2), put
> > Edit2 in the directory where Vim resides and verify that mutt can
> > still find it.
>
> Mutt succeeds in invoking indifferently Pico, Vim and Edit. I guess the
> problem is a 'temporary file seek' or a locking issue. I've
> finally ended up to recompiling mutt on Cygwin.
>
> I am still stuck and I am counting for your kind help ...

So how did the recompiling of mutt on Cygwin go?  It sounds like
that didn't help, but I can't tell if there was a problem with the
compilation or with the binary.  If you are going to run mutt in a
Cygwin environment, you might try just downloading Cygwin's mutt
package.

Regards,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division