Re: Printing messages - Setting fontsize.

On 06/09/06 02.14, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
[snip]
> Why, just today I sent an email to my priest who it turns out is still
> using Outlook Express 6.0. I sent in my usual format; UTF-8 with a
> PGP/MIME detached signature. He complained that he couldn't view
> either of my attachments (the only attachment was the signature;
> Outlook treated the main body of the email as an attachment because it
> didn't understand UTF-8).

If your priest (or someone else using that god-forsaken excuse for a
mailreader) is up for it, I would suggest an experiment.

Try sending the same mail (or one just like it), but with an attached
file - it doesn't need to have any specific content (I've done it with
a file containing just a newline).

In my experience OE does a lot better with PGP/MIME if there is at
least one "real" attachment.

Note that I have not done specific testing for UTF-8, but in my
experience OE behaves rather a lot better, if it gets that little
attachment.

/dossen
--
The fantasy of gold, the fairy dream that the gold is there, at the end of
the rainbow, and will continue to be there for ever provided, naturally,