Re: simulating "Aborted unmodified message" condition

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 08:47:59PM -0700, Gary Johnson wrote:
> On 2006-09-11, William Yardley <mutt-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > So now my only problem is that the macro, which is like:
> >  macro index M ":set editor=~/bin/mutt_mailman_approve.pl<enter> \
> >   <view-attachments><last-entry><search-reverse>message/rfc822<enter> \
> >   <reply><send-message>:set editor=\"vim +'/^$/+2'\"<enter><exit>"
> >
> > doesn't work right if I abort the message, because editor never gets
> > reset, and the rest of the macro is interpreted literally. Pretty sure
> > there's no good workaround for this, though...

> You're welcome.  I think you're right about the macro, though.  I
> can't think of any workaround either.
>
> Since you don't want mutt to really send the message, though, mightn't
> it work to pipe the attachment to your script instead of attempting to
> reply to it, maybe setting pipe_decode first?

I do, though - just only in cases where the user doesn't abort.

I don't know if you're familiar with Mailman's email based moderation -
basically, you respond to an attached rfc822 messaqge with a
confirmation string... if you reply without an "Approved: " header, it
deletes the held message; if you reply with "Approved: password" in the
headers or first line of the body, it approves it.

I guess I could see if sending "Approved: boguspasswd" will work for the
third case - it's been a while, but I seem to remember that sending a
bogus password might just kill the message, though.