Re: Modifying a message from the pager, return to mailbox

> > But I actually like this feature when I am in the index view.  So in
> > some sense I only want to resolve when I am in the pager view.
>
> You can achieve this with a message-hook and a pager macro. Like so:
>
>     message-hook . 'unset resolve'
>     macro pager q '<exit><enter-command>set resolve<enter>'

This seems like it will work, I may use it in the meanwhile.

> > But actually, what I would prefer is that instead of resolving to
> > the next message, I'd like to return to the index when I modify a
> > message from the pager view.
>
> You can use another macro for this:
>
>     macro pager d '<exit><delete-message>'

The problem with this approach is that to really get what I want, I'll
have to define macros for each of the things which might modify the message,
such as deletion, flagging, tagging, marking new, etc.  The nice thing about
setting resolve is that it covers all these at once, but it just doesn't
have the outcome I really want.

Thanks -
Chip

--