Modifying a message from the pager, return to mailbox

I recently wanted to set mutt up so that when I delete a message, it
does not read the next message.  Looking at the manpage, I see that I
can unset the resolve variable, which causes mutt to not advance to the

But I actually like this feature when I am in the index view.  So in
some sense I only want to resolve when I am in the pager view.  But
actually, what I would prefer is that instead of resolving to the next
message, I'd like to return to the index when I modify a message from
the pager view.

Is there a way to configure mutt to do this?

Thanks-
Chip

--
====