Re: mutt -> free.fr

Hello,

 On Friday, August 25, 2006 at 16:25:04 +0200, Reginald Hardman wrote:

> why mail composed in mutt, and sent via a remote imap server or by the
> local mail server does not get to email addresses at free.fr?

    You mean since 15 days? There is a "problem" on free.fr servers.
There was an upgrade of the anti-spam scoring engine (on 10 August), and
probably the process goes not completely fine. And some transient DNS or
MX problems added their little interferences. I saw an announce, but no
official explanation, so am just guessing.

    Most legitimate mails pass, but sometimes delayed and unordered.
The daily spam flow (before the mfilter.free.fr rules /dev/nulling it)
stopped completely for some days, but is progressively coming back now.
Annoyingly, most short test mails don't pass, without bounce, or very
rarely with "550 Spam Detected; Content Rejected" while talking to one
of the MXes. This on an account where I never used mfilter's bounce
feature (which would trigger later anyway, after the SMTP session).

    The policy at free.fr always has been to accept all by default
(except some viruses), and let customers define their own rules in
mfilter. The current situation obviously breaks this policy. Intended or
unexpected, bad or good, I don't know yet... Read more on the internal
newsgroup proxad.free.services.messagerie

    So maybe Mutt is just innocent.

Bye!    Alain.
--
Give your computer's unused idle processor cycles to a scientific goal:
The Folding@home project at <URL:http://folding.stanford.edu/>.