Mutt as pop/imap checker

I've wanted to use Mutt as my MUA for 4 or 5 years now
but am among those technically-challenged enough that
the documention and config files result in more
bewilderment than enlightenment. So, I've been using
Pine and trying to understand better. I may be ready
to make the plunge now, and have been experimenting a
bit more with Mutt.

One of my chief concerns is how well Mutt will work
for my style of e-mail checking and storage. My
practice involves leaving messages on the mail server
where I screen/delete and read them. After a certain
amount of time has passed, I download the keepers from
the server to my computer en masse. I know I can do
this using Mutt, since I did it just today. But the
method I'm using for checking my pop/imap accounts is
a bit cumbersome and I'd like to ask for improvements
(downloading en masse is working fine--no need for
help on that I think).

Here's what I'm doing to check my pop/imap accounts: I
hit "c" and enter imap://myuname@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx or
pop://myuname@xxxxxxxxxxxxx . I can of course view and
delete messages doing this, and should be able to
reply once I get my MTA configured. With Mutt's
scrollback, I don't have to enter the uname/servername
repeatedly when I want to go from one server to
another--I can just hit "c" then the up arrow to get
to the right, previously-entered entry. Still,
entering the whole stanza the first time is a bit
cumbersome.

What I'm asking is, in essence, whether Mutt can have
multiple pop/imap servers listed in its configuration
file (.muttrc, I guess?), and, if so, what is the
means by which one can select between them or move
from one to another within the program. Can anyone
offer pointers on how I might go about editing the
config file(s) or working with the program to achieve
the sort of pop/imap checker functionality I want?

Thanks in advance for any advice

James