Re: How do I come back from viewing the message to index?

On 2006-08-07, cga2000 <cga2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 01:24:53PM EDT, Gary Johnson wrote:

> > > .. misses the mark by a mile or so..
> > >
> > > you're adding a second inconvenience on top of the original one
> > > instead of fixing the real problem.
> >
> > "Fixing the real problem?"  The only problem I see here is that your
> > mental model of mutt's behavior is incorrect.
> >
> That the same keyboard action should be used to navigate different
> screens within the application or exit the application altogether
> depending on the context is not dependent on the way your brain is
> wired.
>
> It's just confusing.

I apologize; I misunderstood your confusion.  I thought you were
expecting 'q' in the Index to take you to the mailboxes view instead
of exiting.  You're right--that "overloading" of 'q' can be
confusing, especially when using some other application as a file
viewer within mutt, such a w3m, where 'q' does mean "quit".  I find
myself using 'q' in w3m to "go back" and of course quitting instead.

Regards,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division