Re: Reading mail from CLI with Mutt

On 2006-08-02, Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> * Carl Klatsky <cklatsky@xxxxxxxxx> [08-02-06 16:58]:
> > Now my question is can I read a received e-mail from the shell without
> > launching into the character-graphics app?
>
> certainly.  Mutt *is* a character-mode application, not graphics-mode.
> It works fine in text only systems.

By "character-graphics", I think he was referring to curses.

I don't think there is any reasonable way to use mutt to do that
sort of thing.  I think there might be a Perl or Python module that
would allow scripted access to an IMAP server, though.

Regards,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division