Re: Reading mail from CLI with Mutt

* Carl Klatsky <cklatsky@xxxxxxxxx>, 2006-08-02 16:59:17 Wed:
> Now my question is can I read a received e-mail from the shell without
> launching into the character-graphics app?

Mostly, no. You probably can, by pushing commands to Mutt from the
command line, but it probably won't be very pretty.

> I am trying to parse for a specific message to trigger a script to
> start.  Maybe there's a whole different way to do this,

That sort of thing is probably better done with, for example,
procmail. Some combination of fetchmail and procmail should allow you
to act on messages stored on an IMAP server.

--
David Haguenauer