Re: Demoroniser (was: Display Filters)

On Sun, Jul 09, 2006 at 02:46:20AM +0200, Alain Bench wrote:
> against mislabelled mails. Get Tamotsu’s latest assumed_charset patch at
> <URL:http://www10.plala.or.jp/sanrinsha/tamo/patch-1.5.9.tt+tamo.assumed.3>,
> and add those 3 lines (Tamo dropped the $strict_mime boolean):
>
> | set assumed_charset=windows-1252
> | charset-hook ^us-ascii$   windows-1252
> | charset-hook ^iso-8859-1$ windows-1252

Alain, can you explain the relation between "the $strict_mime boolean"
and the "charset-hook"s?  (I noticed that I couldn't "set strict_mime=no"
anymore after upgrading mutt, but other than commenting out that line, I
didn't revise .muttrc.)

Also, if I drop all of my procmail re-writing rules (based on tests of
actual characters in the body of the message), and set assumed_charset
to iso-2022-jp:
     set assumed_charset=iso-2022-jp
should I then have a charset-hook for each of the charsets I used to
re-write?
     charset-hook ^euc-jp$ iso-2022-jp
     charset-hook ^shift_jis$ iso-2022-jp
     charset-hook ^utf-8$ iso-2022-jp

I'd like to finally throw away those crutches I needed when using mailx!!

--
henry nelson
  WWW_HOME=http://yuba.ne.jp/~home/