Re: Demoroniser (was: Display Filters)

On Sat, Jul 08, 2006 at 04:37:33PM +0200, Alain Bench wrote:
>  On Friday, July 7, 2006 at 13:06:35 -0700, Gary Johnson wrote:
>     But we should rather locate some authoritative list of Sun supported
> charsets. Hum...

For each system `locale -a` will tell you.  These are found under the
directory "/usr/lib/locale".  The choice of what locales to install is
pretty free, so it's probably best to check system by system.

>     In fact if you find such a list, I'm intersested: Could you please
> send it to me in full (privately)? For my own education. BTW is there a
> relation between SunOS version, and Solaris version?

Yes, e.g., Sun5.6 is Solaris 6 and Sun5.8 is Solaris 8.  To get "good"
native iconv support you need Solaris 8 or above.  (Solaris 6 is not
complete, at least as far as Asian languages go.)  Even with Solaris 8,
however, I got better results with the GNU iconv.

--
henry nelson
  WWW_HOME=http://yuba.ne.jp/~home/