Re: Mutt Help for a newbie

On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 10:06:32AM -0400, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> $MAIL is usually something you or your system administrator sets up;
> it is not an automatic setting on most systems. However,
> /var/spool/mail/$USER is the standard mailspool location IF your mail
> is delivered locally by a mail server running on your computer.

That's mostly true... but it's somewhat system-dependent.  Some
operating environments prefer /var/mail or something similar.  These
days there is usually a symlink from one to the other, usually making
it irrelevant.  Usually.

> >Is something wrong here or is there sth I do not know.
>
> sth?

"sth" is a common abbreviation for "something" -- it's especially
common in dictionaries.

-=-=-=-=-