Re: Poll: personal convenience vs. global improvement of docs

* Derek Martin <invalid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2006-05-25 23:10 -0400]:
> On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 10:46:22PM -0400, Dave Waxman wrote:
> > > 1. I have no problem with variable name changes as long as a reliable
> > > conversion script is provided together with the new release.
> >
> > I don't think that's possible.  Too many things like folder hooks, send
> > hooks etc won't easily be convertible IMO.
>
> Nonsense.  We're only talking about changing names of existing
> variables.  One name becomes another name.  1 to 1 relationship, 100%
> convertible.

No. You can't reliably convert an awk script generating mutt config
files. You can't reliably convert variable names in macros or push
commands.

Nicolas

--
http://www.rachinsky.de/nicolas