Re: Poll: personal convenience vs. global improvement of docs

On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 03:28:02PM EDT, Rado S wrote:

As a new user of mutt - about one month:

1. I have no problem with variable name changes as long as a reliable
conversion script is provided together with the new release.

2. After one month doing my mail in mutt with its "stagnant".. "user
unfriendly".. etc. interface I estimate my increase in productivity to
over 300%.. How do I know.. well, I spend about one-third of the time
doing mail as compared to when I used mozilla-mail.. Not to mention that
I can do *everything* basic with one keystroke and use vim as my
editor..

So please, pretty PLEASE do not change anything.. without my permission,
that is.. :-)

3. I don't support the idea of a configuration tool or a GUI version of
mutt.  For those who need this kind of thing there are at least half a
dozen mature products on the market already. And they do SMTP too..! ;-)

So please leave well alone.

Sorry for the [OT] - points #2 and #3 above - but then.. I didn't start
it.. :-)

Thanks,

cga