Re: how to change send_charset on the fly?

Hi,

 On Friday, May 19, 2006 at 10:21:24 +0200, Ye Fei wrote:

> adjust the order of your [vim] fileencodings to be the same with
> send_charset

    No: Mutt expects the $editor to read and save exclusively and dumbly
in $charset. $editor's charset autosensing should be disabled: It may
sometimes give the impression to help, but in fact confuses things, and
may well hide you the symptoms of a real problem. Leading you to be
comfortably persuaded you send correct mails, while they really are
garbled for your recipients.

    BTW there are still problems with list replies: May I propose a
complementary infosig?

> * phyrster (phyrster@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>>| set send_charset="gb2312:GB2312:utf-8"

    That's not optimal, but should work. So your problem is elsewhere.
Editor setting, broken html mail, parasite chars in muttrc or locale?

>> How to change send_charset on the fly in mutt's 'send message page'?

    Clearly: You don't want that. You want to locate and fix the
problem, so that the automatically choosen sending charset is correct
from the beginning.

Bye!    Alain.
--
set honor_followup_to=yes in muttrc is the default value, and makes your
list replies go where the original author wanted them to go: Only to the